Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Kicking the habit??

There are a few things that I have gotten used to having on a daily basis ... and sometimes more than once per day. Those of you who know me well know what I'm talking about (no, not cupcakes ... I've seriously cut back on those!) - DIET COKE. I'd pack one for lunch to have mid-afternoon (for a little pick me up!) and then maybe have one for dinner. Don't get me wrong, I drink copious amounts of water as well, but I was definitely drinking too much Diet Coke, too often.

Believe it or not, I started out as a Diet Pepsi girl. In my teeny hometown, both DQ and Hardee's served Pepsi at that time, so that's all I was really accustomed to. Then I went to college and Kimmy & Kik introduced me to the world of Diet Coke. (Ok it sounds like I had been living under a rock, I had drank Diet Coke before, but it wasn't my soda of choice until college). I have been a pretty regular Diet Coke-r ever since. I prefer "fountain" soda to cans or bottles, so going out to eat I would end up drinking 2-3 glasses of the stuff. (Now you have an idea of just how obsessed I was with the carbonated heaven in liquid form).

It's been 2 weeks since I've drank it. It started out that I had failed to purchase more at the store - but then I got a pesky toothache that only got progressively worse every time I popped a top. So I stopped. Then I had the tooth extracted and didn't think that drinking soda would feel too lovely, so I haven't had any at all. I am very proud of myself. Hopefully I can keep it up!

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

okay, I am going to email you an article about diet coke...I think I'm done with it too!