Sunday, October 10, 2010

A perk ...

...of having a lot of free time is getting to try recipes that I've always wanted to try.  I LOVE Bakerella's blog - and her red velvet cake balls are something that I've wanted to try.  (I really would like to make her cake pops but I know myself well enough to know that I don't have a knack for being that detailed).  I had the day off on Tuesday and I thought that it'd be the perfect opportunity to try them out!

So on Wednesday I brought them in to work and they were gone in less than 3 hours (and the recipe makes 50!!).  People were coming out of the woodwork to try one of these.  SOO good!

You can really use any combination of cake mix/frosting and these would still be a winner - I'm thinking that carrot cake with cream cheese cake balls dipped in white chocolate would be divine!  AND I'm also trying to think of a way to make them with the mint/chocolate combination...which is totally my fave.


**This is the only picture I have.  Randy has the camera so my iPhone is all I've got.  But you get the point** 

No comments: