Last Friday Randy and I went to the mall. We went with a purpose: to find something to wear to Sara & Christina's birthday party. (SIDE NOTE: The party was at a restaurant/bar in downtown Raleigh, Solas. The restaurant is on the main floor, then there is a bar/dance floor on the second floor and then the third floor is a rooftop bar. There are cabanas draped with sheer white cloth, leather couches, ambient lighting - it is very swanky and hip. Sara & Christina rented out 3 cabanas, which meant that we had our own bartenders and the best view of downtown. Luckily for us, the weather was BEAUTIFUL last weekend - it was a great time!) Since it was at such a nice place, I wanted a new black dress to wear for the occasion (plus black dresses are versatile and timeless, so I knew that if I found one I liked I would get some great wear out of it).
We went to the mall and poor Randy was such a good sport as I proceeded to drag him around to nearly every women's clothing store. We went to Banana Republic, Anne Taylor (& Loft), Limited - - you name it, we went there. After 1.5 hours of looking I was about ready to give up & wear a dress in my own collection. (I was being picky with dresses because I had a budget in mind and all of the dresses I was trying on were either A) too expensive or B) I just didn't like them).
So the very last store we went to was Macy's. I was very frustrated by this time, and went to the women's department and tried on a few dresses that were on the clearance rack. NO LUCK. I got dressed, grabbed my purse and was walking out of the dressing room when Randy met me with a dress in his hand. "Try this one on," he said. (It happened to be the right size too. Good job, Randy). So I tried it on and BINGO! the dress was perfect. Unfortunately it was a bit more than I wanted to spend. I modeled the dress for Randy and he said that I had to have it. So I changed, he took the dress out of my hand and took it up and even bought it for me! What a sweet surprise!
So not only am I impressed with my boyfriend's taste in dresses, but I felt like a million bucks in the dress that he bought me.
We went to the mall and poor Randy was such a good sport as I proceeded to drag him around to nearly every women's clothing store. We went to Banana Republic, Anne Taylor (& Loft), Limited - - you name it, we went there. After 1.5 hours of looking I was about ready to give up & wear a dress in my own collection. (I was being picky with dresses because I had a budget in mind and all of the dresses I was trying on were either A) too expensive or B) I just didn't like them).
So the very last store we went to was Macy's. I was very frustrated by this time, and went to the women's department and tried on a few dresses that were on the clearance rack. NO LUCK. I got dressed, grabbed my purse and was walking out of the dressing room when Randy met me with a dress in his hand. "Try this one on," he said. (It happened to be the right size too. Good job, Randy). So I tried it on and BINGO! the dress was perfect. Unfortunately it was a bit more than I wanted to spend. I modeled the dress for Randy and he said that I had to have it. So I changed, he took the dress out of my hand and took it up and even bought it for me! What a sweet surprise!
So not only am I impressed with my boyfriend's taste in dresses, but I felt like a million bucks in the dress that he bought me.
*(I don't have a full length shot of the dress but you still get the general idea!)
1 comment:
that's what I was thinking...I want to see a picture!
Post a Comment