Tuesday, November 9, 2010

I wish...

I wish that I could run a cooking blog.  I LOVE to cook!  I LOVE to try new recipes!  Sounds simple, right?  Well, I lack a few of the skills necessary to be good at it, mainly diligence and mad photography skills.  (Plus I lack the willpower to take pictures of my masterpiece before taking a big bite out of it).  So I live vicariously through my foodie blogs and Cooking Light magazine.  Well maybe not 'vicariously' because I find some great recipes that I work into my repitoire.

Take this week for example...my meal plans include:
  • Mushroom Stew with Spetzle (a la Cooking Light) - I tweaked this and made mine a beef and mushroom stew with a double batch of spetzle. MMMMM!
  • Fiesta Turkey Pie (from Cake Batter and Bowl) - like the love child of stuffed peppers and my Auntie Mary's baked mashed potatoes.
  • Asian Foil Baked Chicken (from a friend of a friend's blog)
Unfortunately, I don't get to cook dinner on Tuesday/Thursdays, but I make enough to tie us over until another "cooking night"

While I'm on the topic of foodie blogs...I am also totally obsessed with Sweet Pea's Kitchen blog. SOO many good recipes!  (I actually made her pumpkin scones on Sunday also)

No comments: