Sunday, February 8, 2009

Yes, yes, I'm a follower...

The "My 25 Things" is such a big deal right now, so I decided to jump on the bandwagon and do it too! How many of these things did you already know about me?


1. I am a FREAK about lotion. I have 7 different bottles I use on a daily basis, strategically placed (of course). I have one in my kitchen, in my purse, in my car, in my work bag, in my desk at work, in my bedside table and in my bathroom. Oddly enough, they’re all different brands!

2. I can type 85 words per minute.

3. In junior high, I gave myself a “signature color.” It was olive green. I would go up to people & tell them that they were wearing MY color. Even the popular kids were not safe from reprimand.

4. My favorite place in the whole entire world is Consuegra, Spain. It’s a hill that has a series of windmills on it – the ones Don Quijote fought against in the book. One side of the hill is a giant sunflower field, and the other is a vineyard. It’s ridiculously beautiful!

5. I once read a 200 + book in one night. It was my freshman year and the book was called Jemima J. Supposedly they’re turning it into a Lifetime movie but I’ve not heard anything about that yet.

6. I’ve been a blonde, a redhead, a brunette, and even had black hair once. (I was a purple-head once when my box of color didn’t turn out the way I’d hoped!)

7. I have never been into sports. I played on a soccer league when I was 5, and went to 2 practices for the girl’s basketball team in middle school. That’s about all the sports experience I have!

8. When I was in 8th grade my family went to Finland to visit one of our exchange students. We went to the Arctic circle, too! I only know 2 phrases in Finnish: “Mina olen Beth” (my name is Beth) and “Mina olen laske sika” (I am a fat pig).

9. I think the most “hurt” I have ever been was in 6th grade when someone was trying to throw me into our pool - - and missed. Most of my body made it into the pool…except for my hip which hit the side of the pool & consequently I had an 8” wide bruise on it.

10. When I was in elementary school I used to volunteer out at New Salem State Park (where Abraham Lincoln lived before he ran for office). I used to dress up in pioneer attire and crochet rugs out of rags. Because I was a volunteer I also got to be in an educational movie about Lincoln’s life – I was an extra in the schoolhouse scene.

11. One of my “guilty pleasures” is watching America’s Next Top Model. It’s so rigged but for some reason I watch it every season!

12. I ran a ½ marathon in college, and finished 2nd from last. (Hey, I finished, right?)

13. I used to eat dog food when I was little. (So I’m told!)

14. I have a variety of nicknames. My family calls me “Beataba,” I was known in high school as “Blanca de” and my friends in college call me “Betherbob.” I also get “Bethy” a LOT.

15. I grew up on a farm and MUCH to the dismay of my father, I didn’t know that sausage came from a pig. I thought since it was ground up like hamburger that it was beef.

16. I LOVE stationary! I think the art of writing letters needs to be revived – I’ve not been too good at keeping up my correspondence but for some reason I keep on buying stationary!

17. I gave a chicken a heart attack. That’s a really funny story…

18. Once I drove a UPS truck. (I was over at my friend Malena’s and I asked the UPS guy if I could drive his truck - - and he let me! I just went around the block but he stayed back and hung out with her while I drove around. That’s a bit too trusting!!)

19. When I was little I had 2 career aspirations: to be an actress OR a waitress at Pizza Hut. Neither of those panned out for me!

20. I have a scar on my knee that is the shape of South America. I got it when I was out in California with Kim for Spring Break she took me to Rodeo Drive. When we were crossing the street KLUTSY me tripped and skidded on my knees across traffic. Of course I was wearing a skirt & we had no band-aids. I walked around with a nasty bloody knee all day! She told me Will Smith was in the front car of traffic but I’m pretty sure she was lying about that!

21. My mom’s really big into genealogy. Some of my famous relatives include: Sir Frances Drake, Benedict Arnold, President Ulysses Grant, Daniel Boone, the kids from John & Kate Plus 8, President George Bush, and the poet Henry Wadsworth Longfellow.

22. I don’t know how to dive. I just do cannon-balls when it’s time to jump into the pool!

23. In middle school I had the BIGGEST crush on the gospel singer, Carman. I even wrote him fan mail and he sent me back an autographed picture. I think I framed it!

24. I have never seen any of the Godfather movies or any of the Star Wars movies.

25. My favorite flavor combo is mint + chocolate. Seriously, whoever came up with that is a GENIUS!!

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

If you are related to the kids from John and Kate Plus 8 wouldn't you be related to one of the parents?

Beth said...

you know...i didn't remember which parent i was related to so i thought it would be safe to just say the kids. good catch!!