Monday, July 27, 2009

I don't get it!


Saturday morning I went out to run some errands - clean my car, pick up a few things here and there. I get in my car and turn on the radio and I thought I was hallucinating. The radio station was playing Christmas carols! I thought maybe the DJ had hit the wrong button and accidentally played Jingle Bell Rock. I couldn't believe my ears!

I texted Lindsay (telling her that the mistaken DJ was on "her team") and she informed me that "Christmas in July" is a real thing. Apparently radio stations all over the country play Christmas carols on July 25th. I did a bit of googling on the subject and apparently people actually celebrate Christmas in July with parties and gift exchanges.

Tell me dear friends, do you get this? Or do you celebrate it yourself? What do you think about Christmas in July?

No comments: