Friday, July 24, 2009

Run, Bethy! Run!

I have found myself getting really into running. I've "dabbled in the sport" over the past few years - it started in college when Allison & I were training for a marathon. ("Training" is the key word there!) The farthest I've ever run was when I did the Bearathon with Bobbie Sophomore year (13.1 miles baby!). I had put running on the back burner for awhile. I've done a few 5ks here and there, but not really running consistently.

We joined a gym back in February and I LOVED not only their great exercise equipment but also their classes (everything from spinning to aerobics to boot camp-style sessions). Lamentably, our gym went BANKRUPT a few months ago (which is another story) and I've been forced to use the rinky dink gym in my community. It is only open until 8 p.m. - which isn't too convenient for me - so I'd not been going very often. But then I realized that our neighborhood is a great place to run - and the gym has a nice treadmill when I can make it there.

I've been doing some research on running - mainly finding training programs - but I noticed one thing that I have been doing right. Many experts say that beginners, especially, should focus more on time as opposed to miles. So I don't even need a fancy pedometer - just me, a good trail, my ipod and I'm good to go!

I know Lindsay did this a few months back, but I realized that I am in real need of some new songs on my workout Ipod mix. Any suggestions to help a sister out?

4 comments:

Lindsay said...

ready...I've got a lot now!

Boom Boom Pow - Black Eyed Peas
Womanizer - Britney
Circus - Britney
Untouched - the Veronicas
Stronger - Kayne West
Home - Marc Broussard
Glamorous - Fergie
Fergalicious - Fergie
So What - Pink
Single Ladies - Beyonce
Rock Your Body - Justin Timberlake
What You Got - Colby O'Donis
The Way I Are - Timbaland
Give It To Me - Timbaland

allison said...

YAY! I am so happy that our marathon "training" got a shout out on this post. No discourse on you + running would be complete without it, in my book. If only I could post a picture as a comment, I'd upload our Westfest post-race shot right now. ;)

Beth said...

MBS - you know I wouldn't leave our running adventure out of it! Although I must say, I am glad you didn't bust out the WestFest picture. Bethy after running 'aint a pretty picture. =)

Bobbie and Justin said...

OH, the memories of the Bearathon...and the training! Such a fun time!