Wednesday, June 10, 2009

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!


Today is my best friend's birthday! Lindsay turns the big 2-6. Last year I was part of her birthday celebrations (her family flew me out to TX to "almost" surprise her) and I really wish I could be part of her big day today. But, alas, I am geographically undesirable to attend any birthday festivities.

To celebrate I thought I would jot down a few things about Lindsay and why she's such a special friend.

- I have known her for 8 years now - we were "twins" in our college sorority. She really does feel like family! Even though we're 1000 miles away I still talk to her every day!! (I talk to her more than I do my blood relatives!)

- Lindsay helped me discover the "joy of cooking"! In grad school, I used to go to her place every Thursday and we'd make a new recipe and watch Grey's Anatomy & Ugly Betty. She is still the best cook I know! She's always inventing new recipes - and she's my go-to person when I want a culinary opinion!

- She makes me laugh like none other. When she starts to laugh it seriously is contagious! And we have a similar sense of humor so we do a lot of laughing when we're together. She's great at cheering people up, too!

- A few adjectives to describe her: supportive, kind, thoughtful, honest, genuine

- She helps her friends out in anyway she can - when I had mono (and no TV) she brought me a TV from her house, along with a GIANT shopping bag full of movies, tv shows - everything I needed to stay sane while recuperating. She also helped me clean my apartment when I neglected it for 2 months. (oops!) And she was there for me during the bumps in the road of life. She's never too busy for a phone call or visit with a friend in need.

- I really miss Lindsay a LOT. She is a one-in-a-million kind of friend and I have been so blessed to have her in my life.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LINDSAY!!

p.s. I wish I could have a big ole slice of Italian Creme (birthday) cake with you today!

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

awww, thanks!! I love you!

PS: That pic is so old!!