Monday, June 8, 2009

Off to the zoo we go!

The weather this weekend was GORGEOUS and we decided to take a little road trip ... to the NC ZOO! It's about an hour away in Asheboro, NC (well, the way I drive it's more like an hour and a half). It is a GREAT zoo - it has 5 miles of paths to visit all the animals! They have a portion dedicated to North American animals and the other is for African wildlife. There was everything from ocelots to gorillas, lions to snakes. We were there for about 4 hours or so - and we had to high-tail it through the last section to get out of the park before it closed (we missed out on the lions. Bummer!) Since I have been a bad picture-taker lately I made sure to document the great things that we experienced yesterday.

WE ...


... started the day out with a picnic! (It was a surprise for Randy) ...



... were attacked by killer bees ...



... started a fight with a polar bear ...


... went on an African safari ...


... saw MANY animals, including gators ...


... the magestic giraffe ...

... the ginormous elephant ...

... the baboons as they groomed each other ...

... saw THE NASTIEST thing ever involving this gorilla. This picture shows him "pooing" into his hand, which HE THEN ATE!! Everyone watching was super grossed out (with good reason!) ...

... but the highlight was spending the day with the man I love (who looks so excited in this picture, by the way!) ...



1 comment:

Lindsay said...

so fun..but the pic of you being "attacked" by a killer bee is so you! haha..I love that you took that pic! :)