
It's an age-old dilemma: LONG hair or SHORT hair? Ever since I was little, I have had short hair. In fact, my mom always kept my hair short and my sister's hair long so that people could tell us apart (my sister was known as "Laurie Long-Hair").
The longest I have ever had my hair IN MY ENTIRE LIFE is to my clavicles. My hair is on the fine side (although I have a lot of it!) and I've always thought that my hair would be stringy looking if I had it long. I would love to have long, luxurious locks - - but I know myself. Once it gets to a certain length I always throw it up in a ponytail & don't do much with it. I get fed up with it and chop it off. It seems that I'm growing my hair only to be able to chop it off!
Don't get me wrong, I like having shorter hair - - I've had it all my life. I must admit, there are so many fun styles - bangs, layers, bobs (believe me I've had them all!). But inevitably I decide that I'm tired of the hassle of having short hair and vow that I will grow my hair out. And so the vicious cycle begins once again.
That's where I am right now - my hair has grown out to about an inch above my shoulders (my once-stylish bangs now hang down to my nose - - I'm channeling my inner Cousin It) and I find myself yearning for long hair. Since I haven't ever grown my hair out, maybe this will be the change I was looking for. At first I thought I'd try to grow it out another 6" - - however I threw that out the window when my internet research told me that hair only grows between 1/4" - 1/2" per month. So I'm aiming to grow it out until the end of the year and see how I like it. So I now vow - - NO DRASTIC HAIRCUTS UNTIL 2010!!
Do you think I can do it?
2 comments:
Yes you can! I'll do it with you..we will have a contest to see who can go the longest without a major cut (trims are okay). We need a prize...
PS: That picture is nasty!
Post a Comment