I live far away from my family - My parents are in Illinois, but I also have a sister that lives in Oregon (+3 nieces), one in Chicago (+1 nephew) and a brother in Indiana (+1 niece). It's not often that the entire clan gets together. So we designate Thanksgiving as our family get-together, but my oldest sister can't usually make it. So instead she comes during the summer.
That is what's going on right now as we speak. Janelle got into town earlier this week and the rest of the sibs are heading down to my parents' house for the weekend. This will be the first time that the entire clan (my parents, 3 siblings and the entire crew of nieces & nephews) will be together since 2005...and that wasn't even complete because I wasn't able to make it. Unfortunately I am not able to make it home this weekend either so I will be the odd man out. I'm super bummed!
The last time I saw Janelle was in 2006 - and I haven't seen her 2 oldest daughters since 2001!! They're growing up so fast and I hate that I have to watch them grow up through pictures! Family get-togethers like this are the main reason that I hate living so far away.
Last time everyone was together, they took a "family picture" and this is what it looked like:

Too bad that's not a framed pic of my Glamorshots that I got in 3rd grade. Now THAT would be a great family portrait!
That is what's going on right now as we speak. Janelle got into town earlier this week and the rest of the sibs are heading down to my parents' house for the weekend. This will be the first time that the entire clan (my parents, 3 siblings and the entire crew of nieces & nephews) will be together since 2005...and that wasn't even complete because I wasn't able to make it. Unfortunately I am not able to make it home this weekend either so I will be the odd man out. I'm super bummed!
The last time I saw Janelle was in 2006 - and I haven't seen her 2 oldest daughters since 2001!! They're growing up so fast and I hate that I have to watch them grow up through pictures! Family get-togethers like this are the main reason that I hate living so far away.
Last time everyone was together, they took a "family picture" and this is what it looked like:

Too bad that's not a framed pic of my Glamorshots that I got in 3rd grade. Now THAT would be a great family portrait!
1 comment:
That pic is so great!!!! ha!
Post a Comment