Hello lover.
I must make a confession. I have a serious sweet tooth. I try to keep it at bay, but especially this time of year (between Halloween candy, Thanksgiving desserts and Christmas treats) it's difficult to keep it under control. I am not usually a huge "candy" person - don't get me wrong, I love chocolate as much as the next gal - but I usually go for cupcakes or icecream over a candy bar or jellybeans. But it's inevitable - around Halloween there WILL be candy around. I heard a great piece of advice - buy Halloween candy that you DON'T like to give away to the trick-or-treaters, so you won't be tempted to eat it yourself. That is a great idea, but I find it hard when I'm in the candy isle to reach for the Sweet Tarts instead of Reece's.
Yesterday I was "Doing my rounds" on foodie blogs and found a GREAT idea to use up extra Halloween candy ("re-purpose it", if you will). It's from Two Peas and Their Pod, just take a look at this...and try to not drool on your keyboard:

Yummy! I would totally make this - but I doubt we'll have any leftover candy on Sunday (but then again ... Halloween candy DOES go on sale!) But it's a twist on the peppermint bark idea. Love it!
No comments:
Post a Comment