Thursday, October 15, 2009

Hockey game!


Last night Randy & I went to a hockey game here in Raleigh. His favorite team, the Pittsburgh Penguins, were taking on the Carolina Hurricanes. And I thought I'd surprise him with tickets! We actually had great seats - center ice (but up in the wings, mind you. Momma aint made of money). It's crazy, there are so many Pittsburgh fans in this area that there were about the same number of fans for both sides. It was a great game! The Pens ended up winning - but not until after an exciting overtime and shoot-out.

I don't know much about sports, but I have to admit that I actually like hockey. It is far less complicated than football - and seeing it live is even better! The game goes by SO fast - partly because it is so fast paced in and of itself. By the end of the game, I found myself yelling at the players and high-fiving people other Pens fans around me. Maybe I'm turning into a bit of a sports fan. Who'd have thought it??

(p.s. I realize that the picture above is NOT from last night's game...but it's a shot of the arena. My teeny purse couldn't fit a camera.)

No comments: